In line with H3Africa consortium vision, The H3Africa Biorepository program vision is, facilitating African scientists and research institutions in the use of genomic and new approaches to address African health problems and disease.
To develop, maintain and sustain state-of-the-art world class biorepositories for the responsible storage, maintenance, and custodianship of well-annotated high-quality Biospecimens and to make these specimens available to researchers for genomic discovery and other biomedical research.
- Providing a framework for state-of-the-art biorepositories in Africa
- Developing the local expertise in biorepository operations in Africa.
- Demonstrating capacity for biobanking and biorepository activities in Africa
- Supporting H3Africa Consortium and other local, national, and regional research projects.
- Encourage high professional standards in biorepository science and management.
- Provide high value membership services for key actors in the biorepository field.
- Provide a strong united voice for biorepositories in Africa and globally.
- Partner with other organizations involved with, or related to biobanking.
- Encourage and support public-private biorepository-related partnerships
- Promote stakeholder support for biorepositories